Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2019-193
Ottawa, 3 June 2019
Public record: 1011-NOC2019-0193
Call for licence renewal application
Submission of renewal application for the regional broadcasting licence for terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings expiring 31 August 2020
- The Commission requests that 159272 Canada Inc. submit an application to renew the regional broadcasting licence for its terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings serving Chicoutimi, Drummondville, Gatineau, Montréal, Québec, Saint-Hyacinthe, Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivières and their surrounding areas, Quebec, which expires 31 August 2020. The licensee must submit its renewal application form and related documents to the Commission by 31 August 2019.
- This call is consistent with the procedures announced in New procedures for licence renewal applications, Broadcasting Information Bulletin CRTC 2015-116, 31 March 2015.
- The Commission will review the application and may request further information. The Commission will then issue another notice of consultation, at which time interested persons will be given the opportunity to comment on all aspects of the renewal application.
- If the licensee does not wish to renew its licence beyond the 2020 expiry date, it must advise the Commission in writing by 31 August 2019.
Procedure for filing
- The licensee must file its renewal application electronically by completing the Broadcasting Cover Page and Application Form 123 using the secured service My CRTC Account (Sign-In Partner or GCKey).
- Should the licensee have questions related to the requested information and submission of the documents, it may contact a Commission specialist at 1-866-781-1911.
- Pursuant to section 32 of the Broadcasting Act, it is an offence for anyone to carry on a broadcasting undertaking without a licence unless exempt from the requirement to hold a licence. Failure to submit an application for renewal by the date set out in this notice may result in the expiry of the licence, after which the licensee would no longer be authorized to carry on a broadcasting undertaking.
- Date modified: