Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-188
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 5 April 2019
Ottawa, 30 May 2019
Aboriginal Multi-Media Society of Alberta
Edmonton and Red Deer, Alberta
Public record for this application: 2019-0167-9
CFWE-FM-4 Edmonton – New transmitter in Red Deer
- The Commission approves the application by Aboriginal Multi-Media Society of Alberta to amend the broadcasting licence for the Type B Native radio programming undertaking CFWE-FM-4 Edmonton to add a rebroadcasting transmitter in Red Deer. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 88.7 MHz (channel 204C1) with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 47,000 watts (maximum ERP of 100,000 watts with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 226.7 metres).
- The licensee intends to rebroadcast the programming of CFWE-FM-4 to the Indigenous populations in Red Deer, Lacombe, Wetaskiwin and Maskwacis.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be in operation by no later than 30 May 2021. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: