Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-185
Reference: Part 1 licence renewal application posted on 28 February 2019
Ottawa, 29 May 2019
Radio Nord-Joli inc.
Saint-Gabriel-de-Brandon and Saint-Zénon, Quebec
Public record for this application: 2018-0440-2
CFNJ-FM Saint-Gabriel-de-Brandon and CFNJ-FM-1 Saint-Zénon – Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the community radio programming undertaking CFNJ-FM Saint-Gabriel-de-Brandon and its transmitter CFNJ-FM-1 Saint-Zénon, Quebec, from 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2026. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application. The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2012-304, as well as to the conditions set out in the broadcasting licence for the undertaking.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
- The Commission expects the licensee to reflect the cultural diversity of Canada in its programming and employment practices.
- As set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2010-499, the Commission expects all community and campus radio licensees to file yearly updates on the composition of their board of directors. These annual updates can be submitted at the time of submission of annual returns, following annual board of directors’ elections or at any other time. As noted in Appendix 3 to that regulatory policy, licensees may submit such information through the Commission’s website.
- The Commission considers that campus and community radio stations should be particularly sensitive to employment equity issues in order to fully reflect the communities they serve. The Commission encourages the licensee to consider these issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Standard conditions of licence for campus and community radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2012-304, 22 May 2012
- Campus and community radio policy, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-499, 22 July 2010
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: