Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-158
Reference: Part 1 licence renewal application posted on 28 February 2019
Ottawa, 16 May 2019
Evanov Radio Group Inc.
Public record for this application: 2018-0415-4
CHSV-FM Hudson/Saint-Lazare – Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the English-language commercial radio programming undertaking CHSV-FM Hudson/Saint-Lazare from 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2026. The terms and conditions of licence are set out in the appendix to this decision. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The licensee must fulfill the remainder of the unfulfilled tangible benefit payments set out in CHRF and CFMB Montréal and CHSV-FM Hudson/Saint-Lazare – Acquisition of assets (corporate reorganization), Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-323, 12 August 2016.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-158
Terms, conditions of licence, expectation and encouragement for the English-language commercial radio programming undertaking CHSV-FM Hudson/Saint-Lazare, Quebec
The licence will expire 31 August 2026.
Conditions of licence
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, as well as the conditions set out in the licence for the undertaking.
- As an exception to the percentage of Canadian musical selections set out in section 2.2(8) of the Radio Regulations, 1986 (the Regulations), the licensee shall devote at least 40% of its musical selections from content category 2 (Popular Music) in any broadcast week to Canadian selections broadcast in their entirety.
For the purposes of this condition, the terms “broadcast week,” “Canadian selection,” “content category” and “musical selection” shall have the meanings set out in the Regulations.
- To fulfill its outstanding commitments to Canadian content development (CCD) set out in English-language FM radio station in Hudson/St-Lazare, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-576, 19 October 2012, and reiterated in Appendix 3 to CHRF and CFMB Montréal and CHSV-FM Hudson/Saint-Lazare – Acquisition of assets (corporate reorganization), Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-323, 12 August 2016, the licensee shall make contributions to CCD of $9,000 in the 2019-2020 broadcast year (i.e. by 31 August 2020) and $9,000 in the 2020-2021 broadcast year (i.e. by 31 August 2021). These amounts are in addition to the basic annual contribution to CCD set out in section 15 of the Radio Regulations, 1986.
The licensee shall allocate at least 20% of these amounts to FACTOR or MUSICACTION in each broadcast year. The remainder shall be allocated to parties and initiatives fulfilling the definition of eligible initiatives set out in paragraph 108 of Commercial Radio Policy 2006, Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2006-158, 15 December 2006.
The Commission expects the licensee to reflect the cultural diversity of Canada in its programming and employment practices.
In accordance with Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in their hiring practices and in all other aspects of their management of human resources.
- Date modified: