Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-141
Reference: Part 1 licence renewal application posted on 28 February 2019
Ottawa, 13 May 2019
Rogers Media Inc.
Public record for this application: 2018-0713-2
CKER-FM Edmonton – Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the commercial ethnic radio programming undertaking CKER-FM Edmonton from 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2026. The terms and conditions of licence are set out in the appendix to this decision. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
- Because this licensee is subject to the Employment Equity Act and files reports concerning employment equity with the Department of Employment and Social Development, its employment equity practices are not examined by the Commission.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-141
Term and conditions of licence for the commercial ethnic radio programming undertaking CKER-FM Edmonton, Alberta
The licence will expire 31 August 2026.
Conditions of licence
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, as well as to the conditions set out in the licence for the undertaking.
- In each broadcast week, the licensee shall broadcast ethnic programming directed towards at least 12 distinct ethnic groups in at least 12 different languages.
- The licensee shall devote a minimum of 84 hours and 30 minutes of the broadcast week to ethnic programs as defined in the Radio Regulations, 1986, as amended from time to time.
- Date modified: