Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-138
Reference: Part 1 licence renewal applications posted on 28 February 2019
Ottawa, 13 May 2019
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Ltd. (the general partner) and Jim Pattison Industries Ltd. (the limited partner), carrying on business as Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Limited Partnership
Various locations in Alberta and British Columbia
Public record for these applications: 2018-0656-4, 2018-0658-0, 2018-0660-6, 2018-0655-6, 2018-0652-2 and 2018-0659-8
Various commercial radio stations – Licence renewals
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licences for the commercial radio programming undertakings set out below from 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2026.
Call sign and location Application CHAT-FM Medecine Hat, Alberta 2018-0656-4 CHBW-FM Rocky Mountain House and its transmitter CHBW-FM-1 Nordegg, Alberta 2018-0658-0 CHBZ-FM Cranbrook and its transmitter CFBZ-FM Fernie, British Columbia 2018-0660-6 CJAV-FM Port Alberni, British Columbia 2018-0655-6 CKLR-FM Courtenay, British Columbia 2018-0652-2 CKLZ-FM Kelowna, British Columbia 2018-0659-8
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, as well as to the conditions set out in the licences for the undertakings.
- The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding these applications.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licences renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificates issued by the Department of Industry lapse.
- The Commission expects the licensee to reflect the cultural diversity of Canada in its programming and employment practices.
- Because this licensee is subject to the Employment Equity Act and files reports concerning employment equity with the Department of Employment and Social Development, its employment equity practices are not examined by the Commission.
This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: