Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-137
Reference: Part 1 licence renewal application posted on 28 February 2019
Ottawa, 13 May 2019
Radio 1540 Limited
Public record for this application: 2018-0895-8
CHIN Toronto – Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the commercial AM ethnic radio programming undertaking CHIN Toronto from 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2026. The terms and conditions of licence are set out in the appendix to this decision. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
- Because this licensee is subject to the Employment Equity Act and files reports concerning employment equity with the Department of Employment and Social Development, its employment equity practices are not examined by the Commission.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-137
Term, conditions of licence and expectation for the commercial AM ethnic radio programming undertaking CHIN Toronto, Ontario
The licence will expire 31 August 2026.
Conditions of licence
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, as well as to the conditions set out in the licence for the undertaking.
- The licensee shall provide programming directed to at least 23 cultural groups in at least 17 different languages.
The Commission expects the licensee to reflect the cultural diversity of Canada in its programming and employment practices.
- Date modified: