Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-12
Ottawa, 18 January 2019
All TV Inc.
Application 2018-1036-7, received 11 November 2018
All TV – Revocation of licence
- All TV Inc. has requested the revocation of its broadcasting licence for the national third-language general interest ethnic specialty Category B service All TV, last renewed in Broadcasting Decision 2013-466, in order to continue its operation as an exempt undertaking pursuant to Broadcasting Order 2015-88.
- Given the licensee’s request and pursuant to section 9(1)(e) of the Broadcasting Act (the Act), the Commission revokes the broadcasting licence issued to All TV Inc. for the above-mentioned undertaking.
Non-compliance by the previously licensed service
- All TV Inc. was late filing its program logs and annual returns throughout its licence term. Consequently, it was in apparent non-compliance with sections 8(1)(d) and 9(1) of the Discretionary Services Regulations relating to the filing of program logs and annual returns.
- All TV Inc.’s annual returns for the 2017-2018 broadcast year have not been submitted to the Commission. Further, the financial statements for the broadcast year ending 31 August 2017 have not been submitted. The missing annual returns and financial statements must be filed as soon as possible.
- As an operator of an exempt service, All TV Inc. must comply at all times with the criteria set out in Broadcasting Order 2015-88, including those relating to the submission of simplified annual returns by no later than 30 November of each year. While All TV Inc. will not be required to file program logs, it will nevertheless be required to comply with certain programming requirements and to respond to any inquiry made by the Commission relating to the operation of the exempt undertaking. Failure to adhere to the criteria set out in Broadcasting Order 2015-88 at all times may result in a finding that the undertaking is operating without a licence or pursuant to an exemption order, contrary to the Act. The Commission will consider all of its regulatory options to address such non-compliance.
- Exemption order respecting discretionary television programming undertakings serving fewer than 200,000 subscribers, Broadcasting Order CRTC 2015-88, 12 March 2015
- Various independent specialty Category B services – Licence renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-466, 30 August 2013
- Date modified: