Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Samer Bishay (Ice Wireless Inc.)
27 September 2018
Our reference: 1011-NOC2016-0293
Ice Wireless Inc.
RE: Revised Wireless Code Implementation – 2018 Compliance Reports – Request for further information
Dear Mr. Bishay,
This letter sets out follow-up questions about Ice Wireless compliance with the revised Wireless CodeFootnote1.
On 15 February 2018, Commission staff sent a letter, titled Revised Wireless Code Implementation – Compliance Reports, which set out specific questions for wireless service providers to answer in their compliance reports for the revised Wireless Code. These reports were due by 31 March 2018.
Commission staff reviewed TbayTel’s report and considers that certain elements require further clarification.
Therefore, Ice Wireless is asked to file answers to the attached questions on or before 9 October 2018.
As set out in Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin 2010-961, Procedures for filing confidential information and requesting its disclosure in Commission proceedings, WSPs may designate certain information as confidential. WSPs must provide an abridged version of the document involved, accompanied by a detailed rationale to explain why the disclosure of the information is not in the public interest.
These materials may be incorporated into the record of a potential future proceeding evaluating WSP compliance with the revised Wireless Code and assessing whether remedial measures are appropriate in the circumstances.
For further information on how to submit your response, see the CRTC’s web page Submitting applications and other documents to the CRTC using My CRTC Account. If you have any questions, please contact Meghan Wawryk, Senior Analyst, Social and Consumer Policy, at 819 635-6959 or email@example.com.
(Original signed by)
Chief Consumer Officer, Consumer Affairs and Strategic Policy
- In Ice Wireless’ updated compliance filing dated 30 April 2018, you indicated that a software update was necessary in order to fully implement section E.1 (International roaming notification) of the revised Wireless Code. Indicate whether this software update has been completed and if not, when it will be completed.
- In the updated filing dated 30 April 2018, Ice Wireless submitted that sections E.2 and E.3 will not be fully implemented until 15 February 2019. Are you notifying affected customers of these delays? If not, explain why not and whether you will start sending such a notification. If yes, does your notification include the following:
- how customers may be affected by the delay,
- the existing tools that customers can use to manage their usage, and;
- a reminder to customers that should they have a complaint, they should first contact Ice Wireless directly, and if they are not satisfied with how Ice Wireless has addressed their complaint, that they have the right to escalate the complaint to the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services.
- In the updated filing dated 30 April 2018, Ice Wireless submitted that section G.1 (ii) would not be fully implemented until 16 July 2018. Confirm Ice Wireless has now fully implemented section G.1 (ii) of the revised Wireless Code.
- In light of the fact that Ice Wireless seems to be experiencing multiple delays in implementing the requirements of the revised Wireless Code, explain why you did not file a request to the Commission to extend Ice Wireless’ deadlines for compliance (the procedure for which is set out in paragraph 442 of Telecom Regulatory Policy 2017-200).
- Date modified: