Telecom Procedural Letter Addressed to Bell Canada
Ottawa, 25 September 2018
Our reference: 8640-M59-201805631
Mr. Phillippe Gauvin
Assistant General Counsel
160 Elgin Street, 19th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2C4
Re: Bell MTS – Application for forbearance from the regulation of business local exchange services in various Manitoba exchanges – Revised
The Commission received a Part 1 application from Bell MTS Inc. (Bell MTS), dated 31 July 2018, in which the company requested forbearance from the regulation of business local exchange services in 24 exchanges in Manitoba. Shaw Telecom G.P. (Shaw) and Westman Communications Group (Westman) submitted interventions, dated 28 August and 7 September 2018, respectively. Bell MTS did not submit reply comments by the 10 September 2018 deadline.
The Commission received a revised Part 1 application from Bell MTS, dated 14 September 2018, which included the following changes:
- removal of the reference to the Douglas exchange from the original application, which according to Bell MTS should not have been included in its application;
- revisions of the business Network Access Service (NAS) counts that Bell MTS provided in Appendix 1 of Attachment 1; and
- correction to the name of a service from the list of services for which Bell MTS is seeking forbearance in Attachment 2 and other minor corrections; according to Bell MTS, the same service name was inadvertently repeated.
In order to provide all parties an adequate opportunity to comment on the revised application, the deadlines associated with Bell MTS’s application are modified as follows:
- Any interested person may file an intervention by 5 October 2018, and
- Bell MTS may file a reply by 12 October 2018.
Please note that the interventions filed in response to the initial application will continue to form part of the record of this proceeding.
Original signed by
Director, Competition and Emergency Services Policy
c.c.: Paul Cowling, Shaw, email@example.com
S.J. (Shep) Kastra, Westman, firstname.lastname@example.org
CLECs and Proposed CLECs
- Date modified: