Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Stephen Schmidt (TELUS Communications Inc.)
Ottawa, 28 March 2018
Our reference: 8640-T66-201800251
Mr. Stephen Schmidt
Vice President – Telecom Policy & Chief Regulatory Legal Counsel
Telecom Policy & Regulatory Affairs
TELUS Communications Inc.
Floor 8, 215 Slater St.
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 0A6
RE: Application for Forbearance of Unbundled Local Loops
The Commission received an application from TELUS Communications Inc. (TCI), dated 19 January 2018, in which it proposed a framework for the forbearance of unbundled local loops (ULLs) and sought forbearance from the regulation of ULLs in 34 exchanges pursuant to its proposed framework.
Paragraph 28(1) (a) of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure provides that the Commission may require parties to file information or documents where needed.
TCI is requested to provide comprehensive answers, including rationale and any supporting information, to the attached questions by 27 April 2018.
Original signed by Renée Doiron for
Director, Competition & Emergency Service Policy
c.c: Rudy Rab, CRTC, 819-994-3416, firstname.lastname@example.org
John MacKenzie, TELUS Communications Inc., email@example.com
Douglas Denney, Allstream Business Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher Hickey, CNOC, email@example.com
Paul Cowling, Shaw Communications Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for information
- Provide the number of unbundled local loops (ULLs) leased by wholesale customers as at December 31, 2017 in each of the 34 exchanges for which TELUS has applied for forbearance from the regulation of ULLs.
- Provide a list of wholesale customers that currently lease ULLs from TELUS in the 34 exchanges, specifying the total number of ULLs leased by each of these wholesale customers as at December 31, 2017 (across the 34 exchanges).
- Provide the total number of residential lines and the total number of business lines (network access service) in each of the 34 exchanges as at December 31, 2017.
- Provide the annual total demand for ULLs as at December 31, for each of the years 2013 to 2017.
- Provide the total annual revenues derived from ULLs, for each of the years 2013 to 2017.
- Date modified: