Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-65
Ottawa, 15 February 2018
Rogers Media Inc., on behalf of 9742638 Canada Inc.
Application 2018-0027-7, received 22 January 2018
VICELAND – Revocation of licence
- Rogers Media Inc. (Rogers), on behalf of 9742638 Canada Inc., has requested the revocation of its broadcasting licence for the national, English-language discretionary programming undertaking VICELAND, originally granted in Decision CRTC 2000-460.
- Given the licensee’s request and pursuant to sections 9(1)(e) and 24(1) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission revokes the broadcasting licence issued to 9742638 Canada Inc. for the above-mentioned undertaking, effective 1 April 2018.
- In accordance with the group-based licensing approach, Rogers submitted a revised list of the services that form part of the Rogers Media Group. This list, which is set out in the appendix to this decision, replaces that found in Appendix 1 to Broadcasting Decision 2017-151.
- Rogers Media Inc. – Licence renewals for English-language television stations, services and network, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-151, 15 May 2017
- The Biography Channel - a new specialty channel, Decision CRTC 2000-460, 14 December 2000
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-65
Services that form part of the Rogers Media Group for the purposes of group-based licensing
English-language television stations (City stations)
|Licensee||Call sign / Location|
|Rogers Media Inc.||CJNT-DT Montréal, Quebec|
|CITY-DT Toronto, Ontario, and its transmitters CITY-DT-2 Woodstock and CITY-DT-3 Ottawa|
|CHMI-DT Portage La Prairie/Winnipeg, Manitoba|
|CKAL-DT Calgary, Alberta, and its transmitter CKAL-DT-1 Lethbridge|
|CKEM-DT Edmonton, Alberta, and its transmitter CKEM-TV-1 Red Deer|
|CKVU-DT Vancouver, British Columbia, and its transmitter CKVU-DT-2 Victoria|
English-language discretionary services
|Licensee||Name of service|
|Rogers Media Inc.||Outdoor Life Network|
|8064750 Canada Inc.||FX|
|8834776 Canada Inc.||FXX|
- Date modified: