Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-48
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 11 October 2017
Ottawa, 6 February 2018
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Kelowna and Braeloch, British Columbia
Public record for this application: 2017-0956-0
CBTK-FM Kelowna – New transmitter at Braeloch
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language radio programming undertaking CBTK-FM Kelowna, British Columbia, to operate an FM transmitter in Braeloch to rebroadcast the programming of its national, English-language network service Radio One. The Commission received two interventions in support of this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 106.9 MHz (channel 295A1) with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 419 watts (maximum ERP of 984 watts with an effective height of the antenna above average terrain of -94.3 metres).
- The new transmitter will be installed on an existing tower owned by the CBC. It stated that the new transmitter will improve the quality of the Radio One signal in Kelowna and Westbank.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that the technical parameters have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The new transmitter must be in operation by no later than 6 February 2020. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: