Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-426
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 19 June 2018
Ottawa, 19 November 2018
Radio Nord-Joli inc.
Saint-Gabriel-de-Brandon and Saint-Zénon, Quebec
Public record for this application: 2018-0447-7
CFNJ-FM Saint-Gabriel-de-Brandon and its transmitter CFNJ-FM-1 Saint-Zénon – Licence amendment
- The Commission approves the application by Radio Nord-Joli inc. to amend the broadcasting licence for the French-language community radio programming undertaking CFNJ-FM Saint-Gabriel-de-Brandon, Quebec, and its transmitter CFNJ-FM-1 Saint-Zénon. The licensee proposed to reduce the percentage of content category 2 French-language musical selections that the station must broadcast in accordance with condition of licence 2 set out in Appendix 13 to Campus and community radio programming undertakings – Licence renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-454, 29 August 2013 (Broadcasting Decision 2013-454), which reads as follows:
2. In each broadcast week, the licensee shall, as an exception to the percentage of French-language musical selections set out in the Radio Regulations, 1986, devote 70% of its vocal musical selections from content category 2 to musical selections in the French language and schedule those selections in a reasonable manner throughout each broadcast day.
- The licensee proposed to reduce this percentage to 65%, which is the minimum level set out in the Radio Regulations, 1986 (the Regulations). The licensee argued that the broadcasting market is becoming more competitive and that it would like to be subject to the same obligations as the other stations in CFNJ-FM’s market.
- The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- Accordingly, the Commission deletes condition of licence 2 set out in Appendix 13 to Broadcasting Decision 2013-454. The licensee will therefore be required to adhere to the 65% level set out in the Regulations.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: