Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-369
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 4 July 2018
Ottawa, 21 September 2018
CIAM Media & Radio Broadcasting Association
Fort Vermilion and Taber, Alberta
Public record for this application: 2018-0500-6
CIAM-FM Fort Vermilion and its transmitter CIAM-FM-23 Taber –Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by CIAM Media & Radio Broadcasting Association to change the authorized contours of CIAM-FM-23 Taber, Alberta, a low-power rebroadcasting transmitter of the English-language radio programming undertaking CIAM-FM Fort Vermilion, Alberta, by increasing the effective height of the antenna above average terrain from 25.85 to 41.48 metres and changing the location of the transmitter site. The Commission did not receive any interventions in regard to this application.
- The licensee stated that the requested technical changes were necessary because the existing tower site is no longer available.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry (the Department) notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- Given that the technical parameters approved in this decision are for a low-power FM undertaking, the licensee will have to select another frequency if the Department so requires.
- The licensee must implement the technical changes by no later than 21 September 2020. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: