Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-368
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 27 July 2018
Ottawa, 20 September 2018
Ethnic Channels Group Limited
Public record for this application: 2018-0547-5
Addition of La7 Italia to the List of non-Canadian programming services and stations authorized for distribution
- The Commission approves an application from Ethnic Channels Group Limited (ECGL), acting as the Canadian sponsor, to add the non-Canadian service La7 Italia to the List of non-Canadian programming services and stations authorized for distribution (the list). The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application. The revised list can be found on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca and may be obtained in hard copy on request.
- ECGL described La7 Italia as an Italian-language television service that offers a wide range of programming of interest to the Italian community, including news and information, lifestyle, health and wellness, documentaries and current affairs programming.
- As set out in Broadcasting Public Notices 2004-96 and 2008-100, requests to add non-Canadian general interest third-language services to the list are generally approved, subject to any requirements the Commission deems appropriate.
- Regulatory frameworks for broadcasting distribution undertakings and discretionary programming services – Regulatory policy, Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2008-100, 30 October 2008
- Improving the diversity of third-language television services – A revised approach to assessing requests to add non-Canadian third-language television services to the lists of eligible satellite services for distribution on a digital basis,Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2004-96, 16 December 2004
- Date modified: