Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-359
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 19 June 2018
Ottawa, 11 September 2018
Southshore Broadcasting Inc.
Public record for this application: 2017-0141-7
CFTV-DT Leamington – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by Southshore Broadcasting Inc. to change the authorized contours of the low-power, primarily English-language community-based television programming undertaking CFTV-DT Leamington, Ontario, by relocating the transmitter, decreasing the average effective radiated power (ERP) from 587 to 434 watts (maximum ERP from 1,000 to 584 watts) and increasing the effective height of the antenna above average terrain from 27 to 63.1 metres. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The licensee stated that the requested technical changes were necessary due to a transfer of ownership of the current transmission site.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry (the Department) notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- Given that the technical parameters approved in this decision are for a low-power television undertaking, the licensee will have to select another channel if the Department so requires.
- The licensee must implement the technical changes by 11 September 2020. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: