Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-355
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 19 April 2018
Ottawa, 6 September 2018
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Sept-Îles and La Romaine, Quebec
Public record for this application: 2018-0225-7
CBSI-FM Sept-Îles – New transmitter in La Romaine
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the French-language radio programming undertaking CBSI-FM Sept-Îles, Quebec, in order to operate an FM transmitter in La Romaine to rebroadcast the programming of its national, French-language network ICI Radio-Canada Première. The new transmitter will replace the low-power AM transmitter CBSI-8 La Romaine. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 99.9 MHz (channel 260LP) with an effective radiated power of 50 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 41.2 metres).
- The CBC indicated that the FM transmitter will improve the quality of its ICI Radio-Canada Première signal in La Romaine.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be in operation by no later than 6 September 2020. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: