Broadcasting Order CRTC 2018-345
Ottawa, 31 August 2018
Distribution of TV5/UNIS TV by licensed broadcasting distribution undertakings
Pursuant to section 9(1)(h) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission orders licensees of broadcasting distribution undertakings to distribute the programming service of TV5 Québec Canada known as TV5/UNIS TV as part of the digital basic service, on the following terms and conditions:
- This order applies to all licensed distribution undertakings, including terrestrial and DTH distribution undertakings. The licensees of these undertakings are collectively referred to in this order as distribution licensees.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, distribution licensees shall not be required to distribute the TV5/UNIS TV programming service pursuant to this order unless the licensee or a third party:
- ensures the transmission of the services from their production facilities by any technological means available to the broadcasting distribution undertaking’s head end or satellite uplink centre or to another location agreed upon by the broadcasting distribution undertaking and the service; and
- bears the costs of the transmission to the connection point.
- Each distribution licensee distributing the programming service shall remit to the licensee of the programming service a wholesale rate of $0.24 per subscriber per month where the service is carried as part of the basic service in an anglophone market and $0.28 per subscriber per month where the service is carried as part of the basic service in a francophone market.
- This order shall take effect 1 September 2018 and expire 31 August 2023.
For the purposes of this order, “anglophone market,” “basic service,” “DTH distribution undertaking,” “francophone market,” “licensed,” “programming service” and “terrestrial distribution undertaking” shall have the same meanings as those set out in the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations, as amended from time to time.
- Date modified: