Broadcasting Order CRTC 2018-341
Ottawa, 31 August 2018
Distribution of APTN by licensed broadcasting distribution undertakings
Pursuant to section 9(1)(h) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission orders licensees of broadcasting distribution undertakings (BDUs) to distribute the programming service of Aboriginal Peoples Television Network Incorporated known as the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN) as part of the basic service, on the following terms and conditions:
- This order applies to licensed distribution undertakings, including terrestrial and DTH distribution undertakings. The licensees of these undertakings are collectively referred to in this order as distribution licensees.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, distribution licensees shall not be required to distribute the programming service pursuant to this order unless the licensee or a third party:
- ensures the transmission of the service to each BDU by any technological means available to the BDU’s head end or to a satellite uplink centre or to another location agreed upon by the BDU and the service;
- bears the costs of the transmission to the connection point.
- Each distribution licensee distributing the programming service shall remit to the licensee a wholesale rate of $0.35 per subscriber per month.
- This order shall take effect on 1 September 2018 and expire on 31 August 2023.
For the purposes of this order, “basic service,” “DTH distribution undertaking,” “licensed,” “programming service” and “terrestrial distribution undertaking” shall have the same meanings as set out in the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations, as amended from time to time.
- Date modified: