Broadcasting Order CRTC 2018-322
Ottawa, 27 August 2018
Distribution of AMI-télé by licensed broadcasting distribution undertakings
Pursuant to section 9(1)(h) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission orders licensees of broadcasting distribution undertakings to distribute the discretionary service of Accessible Media Inc. known as AMI-télé to all digital subscribers as part of the digital basic service, effective 1 September 2018, on the following terms and conditions:
- This order applies to all licensed distribution undertakings, including DTH and terrestrial distribution undertakings. Licensees of such undertakings are collectively referred to in this order as distribution licensees.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, distribution licensees shall not be required to distribute the programming service under this order unless the licensee or a third party:
- ensures the transmission of the service by any technological means available to the broadcasting distribution undertaking’s head end or satellite uplink centre or to another location agreed upon by the distribution licensee and the service; and
- bears the costs of the transmission to the connection point.
- Each distribution licensee distributing the programming service shall remit to the licensee of the programming service a wholesale rate of $0.28 per subscriber per month where the service is carried as part of the basic service in francophone markets and $0.00 in anglophone markets.
- This order shall remain in effect until 31 August 2023.
For the purposes of this order, the terms “anglophone market,” “basic service,” “DTH distribution undertaking,” “francophone market,” “licensed,” “discretionary service” and “terrestrial distribution undertaking” shall have the same meanings as those set out in the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations, as amended from time to time.
- Date modified: