Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-293
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 11 July 2018
Ottawa, 21 August 2018
2044577 Alberta Ltd.
Public record for this application: 2018-0501-1
CKOV-FM Strathmore – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by 2044577 Alberta Ltd. to change the authorized contours of the unlaunched English-language radio programming undertaking CKOV-FM Strathmore, Alberta, by increasing the average effective radiated power from 2,800 to 3,000 watts, decreasing the effective height of the antenna above average terrain from 101.5 to 80.4 metres and relocating the transmitter site. The Commission did not receive any interventions in regard to this application.
- The applicant indicated that the transmitter site approved in Broadcasting Decision 2014-637 is no longer available. Consequently, the applicant would like to install its antenna on the Town of Strathmore tower as an interim solution.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- As set out in Broadcasting Decision 2018-24, the undertaking must be operational by no later than 9 December 2018.
- CKOV-FM Strathmore – Acquisition of assets, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-24, 22 January 2018
- English-language FM radio station in Strathmore, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-637, 9 December 2014
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: