Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-257
References: Part 1 applications posted on 5 April 2018, 6 April 2018 and 19 April 2018
Ottawa, 27 July 2018
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Matane, Grande-Vallée, Gros-Morne and New Carlisle, Quebec
Public record for these applications: 2018-0188-7, 2018-0187-9 and 2018-0229-9
CBGA-FM Matane and its transmitters CBGA-14-FM Grande-Vallée, CBGA-13-FM Gros-Morne and CBGA-FM-1 New Carlisle – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the applications by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to change the authorized contours of CBGA-14-FM Grande-Vallée, CBGA-13-FM Gros-Morne and CBGA-FM-1 New Carlisle, Quebec, rebroadcasting transmitters of the French-language radio programming undertaking CBGA-FM Matane (ICI Radio-Canada Première).
- The CBC wishes to change the authorized contours of CBGA-14-FM Grande-Vallée by decreasing the effective radiated power (ERP) from 2,110 to 730 watts, increasing the effective height of the antenna above average terrain (EHAAT) from 95 to 256.1 metres and changing the geographic coordinates of the transmitter.
- The CBC also wishes to change the authorized contours of CBGA-13-FM Gros-Morne by increasing the ERP from 40 to 210 watts, increasing the EHAAT from 32 to 81.3 metres and changing the geographic coordinates of the transmitter.
- Finally, the licensee wishes to change the authorized contours of CBGA-FM-1 New Carlisle by decreasing the ERP from 710 to 690 watts, decreasing the EHAAT from 94.9 to 89.3 metres and changing the geographic coordinates of the transmitter.
- The Commission did not receive any interventions in regard to this application.
- The CBC proposed to install new antennas on the existing towers to replace time-worn antennas and to ensure a high quality service for Grande-Vallée, Gros-Morne, New Carlisle and their surrounding areas.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, these authorities will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that broadcasting certificates will be issued.
- The licensee must implement the technical changes by no later than 27 july 2018. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: