Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-255
References: Part 1 applications posted on 25 May 2018
Ottawa, 27 July 2018
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Québec, New Richmond, Percé and Port-Daniel, Quebec
Public record for these applications: 2018-0353-6, 2018-0350-3 and 2018-0351-0
CBVE-FM Québec and its transmitters CBVR-FM New Richmond, CBVP-FM Percé and CBVF-FM Port-Daniel – Technical changes
- The Commission approves applications by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to change the authorized contours of CBVR-FM New Richmond, CBVP-FM Percé and CBVF-FM Port-Daniel, Quebec, rebroadcasting transmitters of the English-language radio programming undertaking CBVE-FM Québec (Radio One).
- The CBC wishes to change the authorized contours of CBVR-FM New Richmond by decreasing the effective radiated power (ERP) from 1,000 to 730 watts, increasing the effective height of the antenna above average terrain (EHAAT) from 146.5 to 186.5 metres and changing the geographic coordinates of the transmitter.
- The CBC also wishes to change the authorized contours of CBVP-FM Percé by decreasing the ERP from 840 to 770 watts, decreasing the EHAAT from 387 to 377.6 metres and changing the geographic coordinates of the transmitter.
- Finally, the licensee wishes to change the authorized contours of CBVF-FM Port-Daniel by increasing the ERP from 234 to 235 watts, increasing the EHAAT from 97.8 to 103.1 metres and changing the geographic coordinates of the transmitter.
- The Commission did not receive any interventions in regard to these applications.
- The CBC indicated that the proposed changes will allow for the replacement of time-worn antennas and the combination of its Radio One and ICI Radio-Canada Première services on single antennas. The licensee also stated that this will optimize operating costs while ensuring excellent coverage for New Richmond, Percé, Port-Daniel and their surrounding areas.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, these authorities will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that broadcasting certificates will be issued.
- The licensee must implement the technical changes by no later than 27 July 2020. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: