ARCHIVED - Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Mr. David Ouellette (Câblovision Warwick inc.)
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 13 July 2017
Our reference: 1011-NOC2017-0092
Mr. David Ouellette
Câblovision Warwick inc.
3 l'Hôtel de Ville Street
Warwick, Québec J0A 1M0
Re: Phase out of the local service subsidy regime, Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017 92Footnote1 – Request for information
Dear Mr. Ouellette:
Pursuant to paragraph 31 of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-92, attached is a request for information from the Commission.
A response to this request for information is to be filed with the Commission by 10 August 2017. The response must be received, not merely sent, by that date.
Original signed by
Director, Policy Framework
c.c.: Christine Brock, CRTC, (819) 997-4557, email@example.com
Request for information addressed to Câblovision Warwick inc.
- In response to the Commission’s requests for information dated 13 April 2017, Sogetel inc. provided maps or postal codes identifying exchanges that potentially could qualify for forbearance from the regulation of local exchange service. The company has been identified as a competitive independent facilities-based telecommunications service provider in one or more of these exchanges. Refer to response to request for information Sogetel(CRTC)13Apr17-1 TNC2017-92.
Confirm whether the company is a competitive independent facilities-based telecommunications service provider offering local exchange services in each exchange identified that potentially qualify for forbearance.
For each of these exchanges:
- If the company is a fixed-line service provider:
- Provide the total network access services (NAS) that the company is capable of serving using its own wireline facilities to provide local exchange services. If this information is not available, provide the total number of households capable of being served with local exchange services, based on the six-character postal code information or maps provided by the incumbent local exchange carrier; and
- Indicate whether the company is capable of covering at least 75% of the exchange with local exchange service or provide an estimate of the percentage of the exchange that it is capable of serving.
- If the company is a wireless service provider, indicate whether the company’s wireless service is capable of covering at least 75% of the exchange or provide an estimate of the percentage of the exchange that it is capable of serving.
- Date modified: