ARCHIVED - Telecom Procedural Letter addressed to Lisa Anderson-Kellett, Chair (Deaf Wireless Canada Consultative Committee)
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 23 June 2017
Our reference: 1011-NOC2017-0033
Ms. Lisa Anderson-Kellett, Chair
Deaf Wireless Canada Consultative Committee
251 Bank Street, Suite 606,
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 1X3
RE: Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-33, Review of the regulatory framework for text-based message relay services
Dear Ms. Anderson-Kellett:
The Commission is in receipt of your letter dated 20 June 2017 (attached) in connection with Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-33 (TNC 2017-33) to review the regulatory framework for text-based message relay services.
In your letter, you made a procedural request to have your survey report submission due date extended to 27 June 2017, which would allow your team more time to write the analysis. Your letter also noted that several parties have indicated to you that they would support a small extension if you required it.
In light of the circumstances, Commission staff is extending the following three deadlines set out in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-33-1:
- The 23 June 2017 deadline for the Canadian Association of the Deaf and the Deaf Wireless Canada Committee to file their intervention and supporting evidence, which is being extended to 27 June 2017;
- The 23 June 2017 deadline for parties to comment on the interventions and responses to requests for information filed by other parties, which is being extended to 27 June 2017; and
- The 14 July 2017 deadline for all parties to file final submissions with the Commission on any matter within the scope of this proceeding, which is being extended to 18 July 2017.
However, staff is reminding you that if procedural requests for extensions are required, they can be submitted at any time prior to the applicable deadline, but should be made as far in advance of the deadline as possible.
If you have any questions with regards to this letter, please contact Bradley Gaudet at email@example.com.
Director, Social and Consumer Policy
Consumer Affairs and Strategic Policy
c.c.: Distribution List
- Bell Aliant Regional Communications, LP firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bell Canada email@example.com
- Bragg Communications Inc. (Eastlink) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canadian Association of the Deaf email@example.com
- Canadian National Society of the Deaf-Blind, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Newman email@example.com
- Cogeco firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conseil provincial du secteur des communications (CPSC) du Syndicat canadien de la fonction publique (SCFP) email@example.com
- Freedom Mobile Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maple Communications Group Inc. Devin.Currie@maplecomm.ca
- MTS Inc. email@example.com
- Northwestel Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rogers Communications Inc. email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Saskatchewan Telecommunications email@example.com
- Shaw Telecom Inc. Regulatory@sjrb.ca
- TBayTel firstname.lastname@example.org
- Télébec Limited Partnership email@example.com
- TELUS Communications Company firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vidéotron email@example.com
- Date modified: