Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Dallas Yeulett (Northwestel Inc.)
Ottawa, 24 May 2017
Our reference: 1011-NOC2017-0049
Mr. Dallas Yeulett
Senior Manager, Regulatory Compliance
PO Box 2727
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 4Y4
RE: Review of the competitor quality of service regime, Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-49 – Requests for information
Pursuant to the procedure set out in Review of the competitor quality of service regime, Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-49, 23 February 2017, attached are requests for information from Commission staff to Northwestel Inc. (Northwestel).
Responses to the requests for information in the attached Appendix are to be filed with the Commission by 23 June 2017.
Responses are to be provided in a single document to facilitate accessibility and administrative processing. However, any information provided in spreadsheet format should be attached as an appendix, in MS Excel format.
Please contact Laurie Ventura (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 819-997-4589 should you have any questions in regard to this letter.
Original signed by
Director, Competition and Emergency Services Policy
c.c.: Laurie Ventura, CRTC, 819-997-4589, email@example.com
Eric Macfarlane, CRTC, 819-997-4389, firstname.lastname@example.org
Josiane Lord, CRTC, 819-576-2568, josiane.lord@crtc,gc,ca
Sylvie Labbé, CRTC, 819-953-4945, email@example.com
Questions for Northwestel:
- Indicate whether any quality of service (Q of S) commitments are included in any of the tariffed wholesale services your company offers. If so, list any relevant tariff item numbers and service names, as well as the specific Q of S requirement and associated rebate or other specified remedial measures to address failures.
- Indicate whether your company has established service interval targets either internally, or as part of a wholesale tariff or agreement, for the installation, repair, and/or any other service changes associated with your wholesale services. For all instances where your company has internal service interval targets, provide these targets. Specify any differences by region in your operating territory.
- Indicate whether your company compiles information about the average service delivery time associated with service installation, repair, and any other service changes for your wholesale customers. If not, why not? If so:
- provide a description of the specific delivery time information your company compiles; and
- provide the average service delivery time associated with each of the following: service installation, repair, and any other service changes for your wholesale customers, for each of the years 2014 to 2016.
- Indicate, with supporting rationale, whether and how the systems and procedures for compiling the information described in question 3 above, as well as for gathering information for your retail Q of S reports, could be leveraged to apply to a wholesale
Q of S regime.
- In paragraphs 28 and 29 of its intervention, Northwestel submitted that the Commission should continue to use a complaint-based procedure for Northwestel and that there is no evidence to suggest that a monitoring and rebate system is necessary. Explain, in detail, how wholesale customers would be able to verify and ensure they receive adequate service from wholesale service providers.
- Date modified: