ARCHIVED - Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Christopher Hickey (Canadian Network Operators Consortium Inc)
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 24 May 2017
Our reference: 1011-NOC2017-0049
Mr. Christopher Hickey
Director, Industry Affairs
Canadian Network Operators Consortium Inc.
107-85 Curlew Drive
Toronto, Ontario M3A 2P8
RE: Review of the competitor quality of service regime, Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-49 – Requests for information
Pursuant to the procedure set out in Review of the competitor quality of service regime, Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-49, 23 February 2017, attached are requests for information from Commission staff to the Canadian Network Operators Consortium Inc. (CNOC).
Responses to the requests for information in the attached Appendix are to be filed with the Commission by 23 June 2017.
Responses are to be provided in a single document to facilitate accessibility and administrative processing. However, any information provided in spreadsheet format should be attached as an appendix, in MS Excel format.
Please contact Laurie Ventura (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 819-997-4589 should you have any questions in regard to this letter.
Original signed by
Director, Competition and Emergency Services Policy
c.c.: Laurie Ventura, CRTC, 819-997-4589, email@example.com
Eric Macfarlane, CRTC, 819-997-4389, firstname.lastname@example.org
Josiane Lord, CRTC, 819-576-2568, josiane.lord@crtc,gc,ca
Sylvie Labbé, CRTC, 819-953-4945, email@example.com
Questions for CNOC:
- Refer to paragraph 57 of your intervention where you submitted that services included in the competitor quality of service (Q of S) regime should satisfy two criteria: (1) those services should be mandated wholesale services; and (2) those services must be deliverable at different Q of S performance levels. Clarify what your second proposed criterion refers to (i.e. what you mean by different Q of S performance levels), and provide examples of those performance levels.
- Do your members compile information about their wholesale service providers’ average service delivery time associated with the provision of mandated services to your members’ end‑users? If so, provide this information for 2014 to 2016 on a monthly basis for service installation, repair, and any other service changes, for at least your 10 largest members. If available, also provide a breakdown of the information requested above for each of these members’ wholesale service providers.
- Identify, and quantify to the extent possible, any barriers to switching wholesale service providers for mandated wholesale services. For example, outline any initial network-related investment as well as any cost to migrate customers over to a new underlying wholesale service.
- Provide your views on the feasibility of negotiating the inclusion of Q of S intervals in any off-tariff agreement for mandated wholesale services. Where members have completed or attempted this in the past,
- explain the process the member undertook;
- identify the other party, the wholesale service(s) in question, and any associated intervals; and
- describe the desired outcome, and the actual outcome, of the negotiation.
- Date modified: