Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Natalie MacDonald (Bragg Communications Inc.)
Ottawa, 5 April 2017
Our reference: 8740-A2-201702390
Ms. Natalie MacDonald
VP, Regulatory Matters
Bragg Communications Inc.
6080 Young Street, Suite 801
Halifax, NS B3K 5L2
RE: Amtelecom Tariff Notice 80 – Seasonal Suspension of Service
Dear Ms. MacDonald:
On 24 March 2017, the Commission received an application from Amtelecom Limited Partnership, operating as Eastlink, under Tariff Notice 80 (TN 80), in which the company proposed to modify Amtelecom’s General Tariff CRTC 25310, Section 320, Item 2 – Suspension of Service.
Commission staff is continuing its analysis of this application.
Consequently, this application, along with any associated subsequent revisions, will not be approved on an interim basis on the 15th calendar day following receipt. However, the Commission intends to dispose of this application, along with any associated subsequent revisions, within 45 business days of receipt of the filing.
Paragraph 28(1)(a) of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure provides that the Commission may require parties to file information or documents where needed.
Eastlink is requested to provide comprehensive answers, including rationale and any supporting information, to the attached question by 12 April 2017.
Original signed by
Director, Dispute Resolution and Regulatory Implementation
c.c: Joanne Baldassi, CRTC, 819-997-3498, firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for information
- In the proposed revised tariff page for Section 320, Item 2 – Suspension of Service, the application removes provisions relating to an optional Reference of Calls service, in which incoming calls to a suspended service can be referred to another telephone number for a monthly rate of $2.80.
Applications to withdraw a service must be in accordance with Information Bulletin 2010-455-1Footnote 1, including notifying each customer affected by the application to withdraw a particular service, and providing clear and detailed information about how an affected customer can participate in the Commission’s process.
- Confirm that the Reference of Calls service will no longer be available to customers.
- If the Reference of Calls service will no longer be available to customers, explain why this should not be considered a withdrawal of service covered by Information Bulletin 2010-455-1.
- Confirm how many existing customers there are for the Reference of Calls service.
- If there are existing customers for the Reference of Calls service, explain how Eastlink is meeting the provisions of Information Bulletin 2010-455-1 with respect to notifying these customers of the proposed withdrawal of the service.
- Date modified: