Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Distribution List
Ottawa, 6 March 2017
Our reference: 1011-NOC2017-0033
To: Distribution List
Subject: Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-33, Review of the regulatory framework for text-based message relay services (MRS Review) - Request for disclosure of information
This letter addresses requests made by Bell Canada by letter dated 28 February 2017 for disclosure of certain aggregated information concerning the delivery of traditional Teletypewriter (TTY) relay and Internet Protocol (IP) relay service in Canada. In particular, Bell Canada is asking that the Commission release the following aggregated information:
- Annual aggregated call volumes from 2014 to 2016 across all telecommunications service providers (TSPs) for each traditional TTY calling and IP relay; and
- Annual aggregated expenditures for the years 2008-2016 across all TSPs for each traditional TTY calling and IP relay.
Commission staff notes that, in replies to requests for information in 2012, 2013, and 2015, various parties to whom this letter is addressed provided the Commission such information in disaggregated format and designated such information as confidential. In addition, as part of the MRS Review procedure, Commission staff have issued requests to these parties to provide call volume and expenditure information for 2015 and 2016 by 6 March 2017.
Bell has requested the Commission make the information available in an aggregated manner as it would not prejudice any party to this proceeding. Further Bell believes that it should be made available as soon as practicable, to allow parties to consider this data in preparing their interventions to the MRS Review which are due by 3 April 2017.
Accordingly, the following process is set out with respect to Bell Canada’s request for disclosure of information:
- Interested persons may file comments regarding Bell Canada’s request with the Commission and serve all persons identified in the distribution list no later than 10 March 2017;
- Bell Canada may file its reply to comments regarding its request with the Commission and serve copies on all parties by 16 March 2017.
If you have any questions with regards to this letter, please contact Bradley Gaudet at email@example.com.
Director, Social and Consumer Policy
Consumer Affairs and Strategic Policy
- Bell Aliant Regional Communications, LP firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bell Canada email@example.com
- Bragg Communications Inc. (Eastlink) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cogeco email@example.com
- Freedom Mobile Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- MTS Inc. email@example.com
- Northwestel Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rogers Communications Inc. email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Saskatchewan Telecommunications email@example.com
- Shaw Telecom Inc. Regulatory@sjrb.ca
- TBayTel firstname.lastname@example.org
- Télébec Limited Partnership email@example.com
- TELUS Communications Company firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vidéotron email@example.com
- Date modified: