ARCHIVED - Telecom Procedural Letter Addressed to the Distribution List
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 14 February 2017
File number: 1011-NOC2016-0293
Subject: Wireless Code Review – Extension requests
Dear Sir or Madam:
The Commission received a letter dated 10 February 2017 from Union des consommateurs (UC) asking for an extension for an undertaking UC received during the hearing for the Review of the Wireless Code.
More specifically, UC requested that the due date for the undertaking to provide a “preamble that would frame the philosophical structure and the approach to interpretation and implementation of the Code to ensure it is in favor of the consumer” (translation) be changed from 16 February 2017 to 22 February 2017, in light of pre-existing obligations for some members of its staff and the Commission’s suggestion to consult the Coalition on the topic of this undertaking. The Coalition and the Forum for Research and Policy in Communications (FRPC) supported this request, and also requested that the deadline for final replies be extended as well.
Further, the Commission received a letter dated 13 February 2017 from Deaf Wireless Canada Consultative Committee (DWCC) requesting that the end date of the online discussion forum be extended from 14 February 2017 to 18 February 2017 in order to allow DWCC additional time to promote the forum to its constituents. FRPC supported this request.
The Commission hereby extends the deadline for UC’s submission of the abovementioned undertaking to 22 February 2017. The Commission also extends the online discussion forum end date to 20 February 2017, the next business day after the requested 18 February 2017. Further, to ensure that all parties can address all relevant information that is thus added to the public file of this proceeding, the deadline for the submission of final replies will be extended to 27 February 2017. An amendment to the Notice of Consultation reflecting these changes will be published in due time.
Wireless Service Providers
- Bell Mobility (email@example.com)
- Bragg Communications Inc, dba "Eastlink" (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Quebecor Media Inc., on behalf of its subsidiary Videotron G.P. (email@example.com)
- Rogers Communications Canada Inc. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Saskatchewan Telecommunications (SaskTel) (email@example.com)
- SSi Micro Ltd. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- TELUS Communications Company (email@example.com)
- WIND Mobile Corp. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Coalition, composed of the Consumers’ Association of Canada (CAC), Council of Senior Citizens Organizations of British Columbia (COSCO), National Pensioners Federation (NPF) and Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) (email@example.com)
- Comité pour le service cellulaire équitable L'Islet (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Consumers Council of Canada (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deaf Wireless Canada Consultative Committee (email@example.com)
- Media Access Canada, on behalf of the Access 2020 Coalition of Disabilities Stakeholders (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Union des consommateurs (email@example.com)
- Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services Inc. (email@example.com)
- Community Legal Aid (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Catherine Middleton, Canada Research Chair, Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University and Dr. Tamara Shepherd, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, Media and Film, University of Calgary (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Forum for Research and Policy in Communications (email@example.com)
- Group of Students from Huntington University at Laurentian University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Group of researchers composed of Marina Pavlovic, Mary Cavanagh, Sean Grassie and Lora Hamilton (email@example.com)
- Ministère de la Culture et des Communications du Québec et l'Office de la protection du consommateur (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vaxination Informatique (email@example.com)
- Date modified: