Broadcasting Order CRTC 2017-81
Ottawa, 22 March 2017
Broadcasting Licence Fees – Part I
- The Broadcasting Licence Fee Regulations, 1997 (the Regulations) provide for the payment of a Part I licence fee by certain broadcasting undertakings. Section 9(1) of the Regulations sets out the components for the calculation of the regulatory costs.
- Pursuant to section 10 of the Regulations, the Commission announces in this public notice that the estimated total broadcasting regulatory costs of the Commission for the 2017-2018 fiscal year are $29.723 million.
- The annual adjustment amount (credit) referred to in section 8(2) for the 2015-2016 fiscal year is ($2.121 million).
- A second adjustment pertaining to the 2016-2017 fiscal year in the amount of $0.014 million is being made following the revision of the Part I billing for two broadcasting undertakings. Part I broadcasting licence fees were recalculated and the adjustment is being invoiced to the other broadcasting undertakings.
- Taking into account the adjustment above, the net billing for the Part I licence fee for the 2017-2018 fiscal year is $27.616 million.
- Date modified: