Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-49-1
Reference: Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-49
Ottawa, 27 June 2017
File number: 1011-NOC2017-0049
Call for comments
Revised deadline for responses to requests for information: 5 July 2017
Review of the competitor quality of service regime
Changes to procedure
- With this notice, the Commission revises the procedural dates established in Review of the competitor quality of service regime, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-49, 23 February 2017 (Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-49).
- By letter dated 20 June 2017, Quebecor Media Inc., on behalf of Videotron G.P. (Videotron), requested that the 23 June 2017 deadline for responses to requests for information (RFIs) be extended to 30 June 2017.
- The Canadian Network Operators Consortium Inc. (CNOC), OpenMedia, the Public Interest Advocacy Centre, and Rogers Communications Canada Inc. supported Videotron’s extension request. CNOC also requested that the one-week extension apply to all remaining deadlines in the proceeding and to all applicable parties.
- By letter dated 21 June 2017, all deadlines in the proceeding were temporarily suspended for all parties.
- The Commission considers that it would be in the public interest, and would not prejudice any party to the proceeding, to allow all applicable parties additional time to prepare their responses to the RFIs. Further, it would be reasonable to extend subsequent deadlines in the proceeding in a comparable manner.
- Accordingly, the Commission revises the procedural dates set out in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-49. For ease of reference, the relevant paragraphs of the notice are reproduced below, with changes highlighted in bold italics.
- Responses to requests for information are to be filed with the Commission, and served on all parties, by 5 July 2017.
- Parties may request (i) further responses to interrogatories, specifying in each case why a further response is necessary, and (ii) the public disclosure of information that has been designated confidential, setting out in each case the reasons for disclosure. These requests must be filed with the Commission, and served on the parties to whom they are addressed, by 19 July 2017.
- Responses to requests for further responses to interrogatories and responses to requests for public disclosure must be filed with the Commission, and served on the parties making the requests, by 2 August 2017.
- Determinations regarding requests for further responses and requests for public disclosure will be issued as soon as possible.
- All parties may file final replies with the Commission, serving copies on all other parties, by 6 September 2017.
- Date modified: