Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-443
References: Part 1 applications posted on 4 October 2017
Ottawa, 12 December 2017
Bell Media Inc.
Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Smithers and Terrace, British Columbia
Public records for these applications: 2017-0901-5 and 2017-0902-3
CJDC-TV Dawson Creek and CFTK-TV Terrace – New transmitters in Fort St. John and Smithers
- The Commission approves the applications by Bell Media Inc. to amend the broadcasting licences for the television programming undertakings CJDC-TV Dawson Creek and CFTK-TV Terrace, British Columbia, in order to operate transmitters in Fort St. John and Smithers. This will enable viewers in Fort St. John to receive programming originating from CJDC-TV Dawson Creek and viewers in Smithers to receive programming originating from CFTK-TV Terrace. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with these applications.
- The new transmitter in Fort St. John will operate on channel 9 with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 180 watts (maximum ERP of 660 watts with an effective height of the antenna above average terrain (EHAAT) of 245.7 metres).
- The new transmitter in Smithers will operate on channel 5 with an average ERP of 155 watts (maximum ERP of 622 watts with an EHAAT of 242 metres).
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that broadcasting certificates will be issued.
- The transmitters must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 12 December 2019. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: