Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-338
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 4 April 2017
Ottawa, 19 September 2017
Radio Montmagny inc.
Montmagny and Saint-Fabien-de-Panet, Quebec
CIQI-FM Montmagny – New transmitter in Saint-Fabien-de-Panet
- The Commission approves the application by Radio Montmagny inc. to amend the broadcasting licence for the French-language commercial radio programming undertaking CIQI-FM Montmagny, Quebec, in order to operate an FM rebroadcasting transmitter in Saint-Fabien-de-Panet. The Commission received an intervention supporting this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 92.5 MHz (channel 223B) with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 12,600 watts (maximum ERP of 17,500 watts with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 123.1 metres).
- The Commission previously granted Radio Montmagny inc. two authorizations for a similar request. The first authorization, granted in 2008, expired on 26 August 2012 after being extended twice. The second authorization, granted in 2013, expired on 6 February 2017 after being extended twice.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The new transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 19 September 2019. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted at least 60 days before that date.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: