Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-331
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 18 April 2017
Ottawa, 13 September 2017
Radio communautaire Cornwall-Alexandria Inc.
Cornwall and Dunvegan, Ontario
CHOD-FM Cornwall – New transmitter in Dunvegan
- The Commission approves the application by Radio communautaire Cornwall-Alexandria Inc. to amend the broadcasting licence for the French-language community radio programming undertaking CHOD-FM Cornwall, Ontario, to operate an FM rebroadcasting transmitter in Dunvegan. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 92.1 MHz (channel 221C1) with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 10,200 watts (maximum ERP of 20,500 watts with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 63.4 metres).
- The licensee stated that the new transmitter would improve CHOD-FM’s coverage within its authorized contours, enabling it to provide better service to the francophone communities in the United Counties of Prescott-Russell, Stormont-Dundas and Glengarry.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 13 September 2019. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted at least 60 days before that date.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: