Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-325
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 23 June 2017
Ottawa, 6 September 2017
Torres Media Ottawa Inc.
Ottawa, Ontario and Gatineau, Quebec
CIDG-FM Ottawa/Gatineau – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by Torres Media Ottawa Inc. (Torres) to change the authorized contours of the English-language commercial radio programming undertaking CIDG-FM Ottawa/Gatineau by relocating the transmission site, changing the transmitter class from A to B1, increasing the effective height of the antenna above average terrain from 98 to 99.6 metres and increasing the average effective radiated power (ERP) from 1,792 to 5,316 watts (maximum ERP from 5,500 to 19,340 watts). The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- Torres noted that the transmission site contemplated in the application approved in Broadcasting Decision 2015-575, which it had been unable to secure due to a change in the site’s ownership, was now available under new ownership and that both parties had come to an agreement regarding the relocation. In that decision, the Commission noted that the technical changes would allow CIDG-FM to expand its coverage and improve service to the Ottawa-Gatineau region in line with what is offered by the majority of the other commercial radio stations in the market and concluded that it would do so without encroaching upon adjacent markets or having an undue impact on existing stations.Footnote 1
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be operational with implemented technical changes at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 6 September 2019. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
- CIDG-FM Ottawa – Technical changes, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-341, 23 August 2016
- CIDG-FM Ottawa and CHIP-FM Fort-Coulonge – Licence amendments and technical changes, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-575, 22 December 2015
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: