Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-237
References: Part 1 licence renewal applications posted on 1 March 2017
Ottawa, 6 July 2017
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Ltd. (the general partner) and Jim Pattison Industries Ltd. (the limited partner), carrying on business as Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Limited Partnership
Various locations in Alberta and British Columbia
Various commercial radio stations – Licence renewals
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licences for the English-language commercial radio programming undertakings set out below from 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2024. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding these applications.
Call sign and location Application CJXX-FM Grande Prairie, Alberta CFDV-FM Red Deer, Alberta 2016-0858-0 CIFM-FM Kamloops, British Columbia, and its transmitters CIFM-FM-2 Clearwater, CIFM-FM-3 Merritt, CIFM-FM-4 Clinton, CIFM-FM-5 Barriere, CIFM-FM-6 Cache Creek, CIFM-FM-7 Pritchard, CIFM-FM-8 Chase and CIFM-FM-9 Sun Peaks Resort 2016-0859-8 CFMY-FM Medicine Hat, Alberta 2016-0863-9 CHUB-FM Red Deer, Alberta 2016-0855-6 CKKN-FM Prince George, British Columbia, and its transmitters CKKN-FM-1 McLeod Lake and CKKN-FM-2 Mackenzie 2016-0862-1
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, as well as to the conditions set out in the broadcasting licence for each undertaking.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licences renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificates issued by the Department of Industry lapse.
- The Commission expects the licensee to reflect the cultural diversity of Canada in its programming and employment practices.
- Because this licensee is subject to the Employment Equity Act and files reports concerning employment equity with the Department of Employment and Social Development, its employment equity practices are not examined by the Commission.
This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: