Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-179
Ottawa, 31 May 2017
Call for licence renewal applications
Submission of renewal applications for licences of terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings expiring in 2018
- The Commission requests that the licensees listed in the appendix to this notice submit renewal applications for the licences that will be expiring on 31 August 2018. Licensees must submit their renewal application forms and related documents to the Commission by no later than 31 August 2017.
- This call for applications is consistent with the procedures announced in New procedures for licence renewal applications, Broadcasting Information Bulletin CRTC 2015-116, 31 March 2015.
- The Commission will review the applications submitted and may request further information. The Commission will thereafter issue another notice of consultation, at which time interested persons will be given the opportunity to comment on all aspects of the renewal applications.
- Licensees who do not wish to renew their licences beyond the 2018 expiry date must advise the Commission in writing by no later than 31 August 2017.
Procedure for filing
- Licensees must file their renewal applications electronically by completing the Broadcasting Cover Page and Application Form 123 using the secured service My CRTC Account (Sign-In Partner or GCKey).
- Licensees that have questions related to the requested information and submission of the documents may contact a Commission specialist at 1-866-781-1911.
- Pursuant to section 32 of the Broadcasting Act, unless otherwise exempt from the requirement to hold a licence, it is an offence to carry on a broadcasting undertaking without a licence. Failure to submit an application for renewal by the date specified in this notice may result in the licence expiring, after which the licensee would no longer have the authority to carry on a broadcasting undertaking.
Appendix to Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-179
Terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings for which the broadcasting licences will expire on 31 August 2018
|AEBC Internet Corp.||Vancouver and Lower Mainland, British Columbia|
|Beanfield Technologies Inc.||Toronto (East Bayfront and West Don Lands), Ontario|
|Bell Canada||Chicoutimi, Drummondville (Centre-du-Québec region), Gatineau, Joliette (Lanaudière region), Jonquière, Montréal, Québec, Saint-Jérôme (Laurentides region), Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières (Mauricie region) and their surrounding areas, Quebec|
|Greater Sudbury, Hamilton/Niagara, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Oshawa, Ottawa, Peterborough, Sault Ste. Marie, Stratford, Toronto, Windsor and their surrounding areas, Ontario|
|Fredericton and surrounding areas, Moncton and Saint John, New Brunswick; St. John’s, Paradise and Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador; and Halifax, Dartmouth, Bedford and Sackville, Nova Scotia|
|TELUS Communications Inc. and 1219723 Alberta ULC in partnership with TELUS Communications Inc. in TELE-MOBILE Company, partners in a general partnership carrying on business as TELUS Communications Company||Baie-Comeau, Gaspé, Montmagny, Mont-Tremblant, Rimouski, Sainte-Marie, Saint-Georges, Sept-Îles and surrounding areas, Quebec|
- Date modified: