Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-124
Ottawa, 1 May 2017
S. S. TV Inc.
Application 2017-0029-5, received 20 January 2017
SSTV – Revocation of licence
- S. S. TV Inc. has requested the revocation of the broadcasting licence for the national third-language specialty Category B service SSTV, originally granted in Decisions 2000-470 to 2000-731 (see also Decision 2000-648), to continue its operation as an exempt undertaking, pursuant to Broadcasting Order 2015-88.
- Given the licensee’s request and pursuant to sections 9(1)(e) and 24(1) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission revokes the broadcasting licence issued to S. S. TV Inc. for the above-mentioned undertaking.
- Exemption order respecting discretionary television programming undertakings serving fewer than 200,000 subscribers, Broadcasting Order CRTC 2015-88, 12 March 2015
- SSTV, Decision CRTC 2000-648, 14 December 2000
- New Category 2 specialty television services approved, Decisions CRTC 2000-470 to 2000-731, 24 November 2000
- Date modified: