Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-112-1
Reference: Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-112
Ottawa, 24 July 2017
File number: 1011-NOC2017-0112
Call for comments
Development of the Commission’s broadband funding regime
Revised deadline for replies to interventions: 25 August 2017
[Submit an intervention or view related documents]
Changes to procedure
- With this notice, the Commission revises certain procedural dates established in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-112.
- By letter dated 18 July 2017, TELUS Communications Company (TCC) requested an extension to the deadline to file replies to interventions, given the voluminous record of the proceeding, as well as the concurrent deadlines in the proceeding initiated by Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-92. Specifically, TCC requested that the Commission extend the deadline for replies from 26 July 2017 to 25 August 2017.
- Several parties filed letters with the Commission in support of TCC’s extension request.
- The Commission considers it reasonable to allow parties additional time to prepare their replies to interventions. It is likely that an extension to the deadline for final submissions will also be required. The Commission will set out a deadline for final submissions at a later date.
- Accordingly, the Commission revises certain procedural dates set out in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-112. For ease of reference, the relevant paragraphs of that notice are reproduced below, with changes highlighted in bold italics.
56. All parties may file replies to interventions with the Commission by 25 August 2017. As part of their replies, parties may propose questions to be included in the Commission’s requests for information to parties.
57. The Commission may request information, in the form of interrogatories, from any party to the proceeding.
58. Allparties will be permitted to file final submissions with the Commission on any matter within the scope of this proceeding, by a deadline to be determined at a later date.Final submissions, including an executive summary, are not to exceed 15 pages.
- Development of the Commission’s broadband funding regime, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-112, 25 April 2017
- Phase-out of the local service subsidy regime, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-92, 6 April 2017; as amended by Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-92-1, 16 May 2017
- Date modified: