Notice of Violation: Thee Future Web Ltd.
Ottawa, 29 September 2016
File No.: PDR 9174-1537
To: Jatinder Singh Kholi
Thee Future Web Ltd.
Care of Harmeet Singh
61 Acadian Heights
Date of Notice: 29 September 2016
Pursuant to sections 72.07 of the Telecommunications Act, S.C. 1993, c. 38(the Act), the undersigned has issued this Notice of Violation finding Thee Future Web Ltd. to have committed the following violations contrary to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission’s (CRTC’s) Unsolicited Telecommunications Rules (the Rules) made under section 41 of the Act:
On or about and between 1 October 2013 and the 11 May 2015, telemarketing telecommunications were made on behalf of Thee Future Web Ltd. resulting in:
- Violations of Part II, section 4 of the Rules for initiating telemarketing telecommunications to consumers who are listed on the National DNCL for more than 31 days;
- Violations of Part II, section 7 of the Rules for initiating telemarketing telecommunications without being a registered subscriber of the National DNCL and having paid all applicable fees to the National DNCL operator;
- Violations of Part III, section 3 of the Rules for initiating telemarketing telecommunications without being registered and having provided information to the National DNCL operator;
- Violations of Part III, section 16 of the Rules for initiating telemarketing telecommunications without providing the appropriate information in a clear manner upon reaching the intended party;
- Violations of Part III section 25 of the Rules for initiating telemarketing telecommunications without displaying the originating telecommunications number or an alternate telecommunications number where the telemarketer can be reached.
Pursuant to section 72.01 of the Act, the undersigned has determined that the total penalty for the violations identified above is $194,000.
The penalty of $194,000 must be paid to “The Receiver General for Canada” in accordance with subsection 72.09(3) of the Act.
Chief Compliance and Enforcement Officer
- Date modified: