ARCHIVED - Notice of Violation: 8166200 Canada Inc.
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 10 March 2016
File No.: PDR 9174-1537
To: Anita Bhatia
8166200 Canada Inc.
501, Sawran Apartment Madhuban Chowk Outerling Road,
Pritampura (near Shiva Market),
Date of Notice: 22 February 2016
Pursuant to sections 72.07 of the Telecommunications Act, S.C. 1993, c. 38(the Act), the undersigned has issued this Notice of Violation finding 8166200 Canada Inc. to have committed the following violations contrary to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission’s (CRTC’s) Unsolicited Telecommunications Rules (the Rules) made under section 41 of the Act:
On or about and between 29 October 2012 and the 10 September 2013, telemarketing telecommunications were made on behalf of 8166200 Canada Inc. resulting in:
- Violations of Part II, section 4 of the Rules for initiating telemarketing telecommunications to consumers who are listed on the National DNCL for more than 31 days;
- Violations of Part II, section 7 of the Rules for initiating telemarketing telecommunications without being a registered subscriber of the National DNCL and having paid all applicable fees to the National DNCL operator;
- Violations of Part III, section 3 of the Rules for initiating telemarketing telecommunications without being registered and having provided information to the National DNCL operator;
- Violations of Part III, section 16 of the Rules for initiating telemarketing telecommunications without providing the appropriate information in a clear manner upon reaching the intended party;
- Violations of Part III section 25 of the Rules for initiating telemarketing telecommunications without displaying the originating telecommunications number or an alternate telecommunications number where the telemarketer can be reached.
Pursuant to section 72.01 of the Act, the undersigned has determined that the total penalty for the violations identified above is $76,000.
The penalty of $76,000 must be paid to “The Receiver General for Canada” in accordance with subsection 72.09(3) of the Act.
Chief Compliance and Enforcement Officer
- Date modified: