Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Rob Olenick (TBayTel)
Ottawa, 22 July 2016
Our reference: 1011-NOC2016-0192
Mr. Rob Olenick
1046 Lithium Drive
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6G3
Re: Examination of differential practices related to Internet data plans, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-192, 22 July 2016 – Requests for Information
Pursuant to paragraph 37 of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2016-192, attached are requests for information from the Commission.
Responses to these requests for information are to be filed with the Commission by 12 August 2016. The responses must be received, not merely sent, by this date.
Original signed by
Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Research
c.c.: Suneil Kanjeekal, CRTC, 613-668-6561, email@example.com
Josiane Lord, CRTC, 819-576-2568, firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Macfarlane, CRTC, 819-997-4389, Eric.Macfarlane@crtc.gc.ca
- Considering paragraph 12 of intervention number 137 from AT&T Mobility Canada Co and with respect to the Internet of Things (loT):
- Do you have any arrangements with device providers that result in your customers being exempt from data charges that would otherwise apply in relation to the use of an internet-connected device?
- If you have any such arrangements, what percentage of your customers would be subject to such data charge exemptions?
- If you have such arrangements, what factors and considerations determine whether you, the ISP, will agree to exempt your customers from data charges?
- If you do not have any such arrangements, why not? What factors and considerations have led you not to enter into any such arrangements?
- Date modified: