Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Kevin Chan (Facebook)
Ottawa, 22 July 2016
Our reference: 1011-NOC2016-0192
Mr. Kevin Chan
Head of Public Policy, Canada
1 Rideau Street, Suite 700
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 8S7
Re: Examination of differential practices related to Internet data plans, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-192, 22 July 2016 – Requests for Information
Pursuant to paragraph 37 of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2016-192, attached are requests for information from the Commission.
Responses to these requests for information are to be filed with the Commission by 12 August 2016. The responses must be received, not merely sent, by this date.
Original signed by
Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Research
c.c.: Suneil Kanjeekal, CRTC, 613-668-6561, firstname.lastname@example.org
Josiane Lord, CRTC, 819-576-2568, email@example.com
Eric Macfarlane, CRTC, 819-997-4389, Eric.Macfarlane@crtc.gc.ca
- Considering your intervention with respect to permitting differential pricing of certain categories, classes, types, etc. of applications:
- Define precisely what categories of service for which you think differential pricing would be acceptable
- What criteria you would use to define categories of service?
- What services would be included and excluded from them, why?
- How would the distinction between categories of service be compliant with section 27(2) of the Telecommunications Act.
- Provide examples of situations, in or outside Canada, where you did not launch, ceased offering your service, or scaled down your offering because of the existence or prospect of an ISP offering or introducing differential pricing practices.
- Describe each instance, both in and outside Canada, where you have lost customers or traffic likely as a result of an ISP introducing differential pricing.
- Have you sought a differential pricing advantage from an ISP for your service? If so, describe the advantage you sought and whether you were successful in seeking it.
- Date modified: