Telecom Procedural Letter Addressed to Distribution List
Ottawa, 11 January 2016
Our reference: 8663-S4-201513193
Subject: Sogetel inc. local competition implementation plan
Dear Sirs, Madam,
On 20 November 2015, the Commission received Sogetel inc.'s (Sogetel) local competition implementation plan in response to a request by CoopTel, on behalf of Câble Axion Digitel (Axion), to provide local services as a competitive local exchange carrier in the Lac Etchemin exchange.
The Commission requires additional information in order to complete its assessment of Sogetel’s local competition implementation plan.
Sogetel must file its replies to the Commission's interrogatory, appended to this letter, by 21 January 2016.
Any other party may file comments with respect to the responses of Sogetel to the attached interrogatory by 1 February 2016. Sogetel will have until 11 February 2016 to file its final reply.
As set out in Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2010-961, Procedures for filing confidential information and requesting its disclosure in Commission proceedings, Sogetel may designate certain information as confidential. In such cases, the company must provide an abridged version of the document concerned, accompanied by a note explaining how the information removed is confidential.
All submissions are to be made in accordance with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure, SOR/2010-277.
Should you have any questions regarding this letter, please contact Jean-François Roof at 819-639-2537 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original signed by
Competition and Emergency Service Policy
Roger Choquette, Consultant and Authorized Representative, email@example.com
Isis Thiago de Souza, Sogetel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sylvain Bellerive, Sogetel, email@example.com
Pierre Allard, CoopTel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean-Vincent Dorais, Câble-Axion, email@example.com
Marc Pilon, CRTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean-François Roof, CRTC, email@example.com
Interrogatory – Local competition implementation plan by Sogetel for CoopTel, on behalf of Axion
- In paragraph 21 of its plan, Sogetel indicated that the company planned to implement its plan within 180 days of its approval.
Given that a master agreement for local interconnection (MALI) is expected to be signed within the first 60 days instead of the 90 days set out and approved in Telecom Decision 2012-42, indicate, with supporting rationale, the reasons for which Sogetel proposed a 180-day timeline, similar to that approved in Telecom Decision 2012-42, given that local competition, including number portability, should be implemented in this exchange, and that several components should already be present in the exchange to enable Axion to provide its services.
- Regarding capital start-up costs related to interchange materials and installations, provide a detailed breakdown of the capital expenditures for each major component, including cost of materials, service life of equipment, installation and other costs, methodology used and hypotheses, with supporting rationale.
- With supporting rationale, provide a breakdown of the start-up and recurring consultant expenditures per major activity including, for each activity, a description, the time required and the hourly rate.
- Regarding maintenance expenditures:
- Provide a detailed description of the main activities and their frequency on an annual basis.
- Provide the source of the maintenance factor used to calculate maintenance expenditures and validate the percentage value used.
- Date modified: