Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2016-47
Ottawa, 9 February 2016
Amendment to the Regulations Amending the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations
- The Commission announces that it has made an amendment to the Regulations Amending the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations (the Regulations) set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2015-514 to make a correction.
- Specifically, when it made the Regulations, the Commission inadvertently over-narrowed the scope of section 23 of the Regulations. The Regulations Amending the Regulations Amending the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations set out in the appendix to this regulatory policy rectifies that situation.
- The amendment will be published in the Canada Gazette, Part II, and will come into force on the date on which it is registered. In this way, when the Regulations come into force on 1 March 2016, section 23 will be correct.
- The Commission received three comments in response to its call for comments in Broadcasting Notice of Consultation 2015-555, all in support of the amendment. The public record for this proceeding can be found on the Commission's website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
- Call for comments on an amendment to the Regulations Amending the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations, Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2015-555, 16 December 2015
- Amendments to the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations to implement determinations in the Let's Talk TV proceeding, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2015-514, 19 November 2015
Appendix to Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2016-47
Regulations Amending the Regulations Amending the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations
1. Section 13 of the Regulations Amending the Broadcasting Distribution RegulationsFootnote 1 is amended by replacing the portion of subsection 23(1) before paragraph (a) that it enacts with the following:
23 (1) Except as otherwise provided under a condition of its licence, all authorized non-Canadian programming services, other than the programming services of non-Canadian television stations, and all discretionary services that are offered by a licensee in a licensed area shall be offered as follows:
Coming into Force
2. These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
- Footnote 1
- Date modified: