Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-462
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 7 October 2016
Ottawa, 24 November 2016
Radio communautaire de Châteauguay CHAI-MF
CHAI-FM Châteauguay – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by Radio communautaire de Châteauguay CHAI-MF to change the authorized contours of the French-language community radio programming undertaking CHAI-FM Châteauguay, Quebec. Specifically, the licensee requested to relocate its transmitter on top of the water tower in Châteauguay, to change the antenna's radiation pattern from non-directional to directional and to increase the average effective radiated power (ERP) from 100 to 167 watts (maximum ERP increasing from 100 to 274 watts) and the effective height of antenna above average terrain from 50 to 69.52 metres. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The licensee stated that it wishes to replace its existing antenna, which is now obsolete, and to relocate its transmission facilities.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be operational with implemented technical changes at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 24 November 2018. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
- The licensee is in apparent non-compliance with section 9(2) of the Radio Regulations, 1986 relating to the filing of complete annual returns for the 2013-2014 broadcast year. The Commission will address this issue as part of the next licence renewal for the station.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: