Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-352
References: Part 1 applications posted on 24 May, 22 June and 29 June 2016
Ottawa, 31 August 2016
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Edmonton, Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff, Alberta
Applications 2016-0495-0, 2016-0641-9 and 2016-0649-3
CHFA-10-FM Edmonton – New transmitters in Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff
- The Commission approves the applications by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the French-language radio programming undertaking CHFA-10-FM Edmonton, Alberta, to operate transmitters in Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff that will rebroadcast the programming of its national French-language network service ICI Radio-Canada Première. The Commission received an intervention supporting each application from the Association canadienne-française de l’Alberta.
- The transmitter in Jasper will operate at 101.1 MHz (channel 266A) with an effective radiated power (ERP) of 251 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain (EHAAT) of -508.9 metres).
- The transmitter in Lake Louise will operate at 102.7 MHz (channel 274A1) with an ERP of 116 watts (non-directional antenna with an EHAAT of -413.7 metres).
- The transmitter in Banff will operate at 105.7 MHz (channel 289A) with an average ERP of 249 watts (maximum ERP of 1,180 watts with an EHAAT of -247.8 metres).
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, these authorities will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that broadcasting certificates will be issued.
- The transmitters must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 31 August 2018. To ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: