Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-227
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 4 April 2016
Ottawa, 16 June 2016
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Québec and La Tuque, Quebec
CBVE-FM Québec – New FM transmitter in La Tuque
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language radio programming undertaking CBVE-FM Québec in order to operate an FM transmitter in La Tuque to rebroadcast the programming of its national English-language network service Radio One. The new transmitter will replace the AM transmitter CBVE-1 La Tuque.
- The new transmitter will operate at 101.9 MHz (channel 270A) with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 265 watts (maximum ERP of 598 watts) and an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 106.2 metres.
- The CBC stated that the FM transmitter will improve the quality of the Radio One signal in La Tuque.
- The Commission received a comment from an individual relating to the call sign for the new transmitter. The public record for this application can be found on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca or by using the application number provided above.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 16 June 2018. To ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: